Sunday, June 15, 2014

Rising Up

As this course whines down, I am leaving with a lot more knowledge to be successful within Media Arts.  You learn and grow from your mistakes. You also have to start from the bottom to work your way up. I have found my strength in animating words and motion. My whole project will not be an animation, but it will include elements of animation. 

I plan on animating photographs and/or illustrations that reveal gender inequalities and stereotypes of a female.  Depending on the image will depend on what is animated. For example, I am planning on using the negative association of a female tattoo coined 'tramp stamp'. I might have an image of a girl's lower back tattoo and animate that tattoo. 

I learned making a part of a story as an animation is a lot of work. The key to it being successful is the initial thought of how you want it to go from beginning to end. The next important thing is getting all of the accurate poses and transitions correct. When these lack, the whole thing can crumble. For my Media Arts project, I need to make sure I have a solid idea and not leave gaps. I am in the process of thinking of how to combine and connect the overall project. I have what inequalities/stereotypes I want to use, and an idea of how I want to execute the visuals, but can't think of how to make it all work together.   



“Our greatest glory is not in never failing, but in rising up every time we fail.” 

No comments:

Post a Comment