Sunday, June 15, 2014

Process: Images


  1. Below you will find the 6 sketches of the running character I drew up in early March. I moved each pose into a separate file where I colored them. These same poses make up the 'run sequence'. I placed pose #1 down, #2 followed where #1's foot landed, pose #3 was placed where #2's launched, and so forth. I repeated this cycle over and over, with alterations of placing higher if jumping, and lower if landing. I know there should have been 'stretch and squish' poses for launching and landing. After reading a segment in " The Survivors Guide to Animation" did I realize this. I also read up on how to draw characters from this site: http://www.dragoart.com/tuts/11624/1/1/how-to-draw-action-poses.htm and utilized this image I found on google: 




2.  The following images are of my background that I rendered up in photoshop and used the same ones over and over to create the 'moving' background. I created a total of 8 base images that I shifted, stretched, skewed, and cloned areas to keep each background image within the dimensions of the animation;
 

  


3. The horse was not originally apart of my animation. I added it after I made a little running horse animation for Second Life's media arts festival. I utilized an image I found off of Google to achieve the horse running. 
I copied each individual run pose, made each it's own layer, deleted the man on the horse ( which I later replaced with the knight), and colored the horse. I placed the horse poses just like the girl character, using the feet as placement for the next pose. 


4. After I got all of my images set in their own files, I watched tutorials that I found on Youtube on how to animate in Photoshop, as well as this tutorial from Blooper Animation.


As you saw in earlier blog posts, I created separate animations for each character: the girl and horse.  

The girl animation originally had a background image I found ( I discarded that early on), and a simple black and white one I made after not liking the found image:
I did not like this one either after rendering up another animation. That is when I made the colored one. 




The next couple of blog posts will be glimpses into the breakdown of what you see in the animation.

No comments:

Post a Comment